Friday, March 5, 2010

Shorts in the Winter?

Last night I was taking a leisurely walk around downtown Boulder after work and spotted an adorable girl with the most adorable look.

She was wearing black patterend tights under some woold shorts, heels, a belted loose plaid top and a floppy hat. It instantly reminded me of Bridgette Bardot but I never thought it could be pulled off in this day and age.

I saw similar looks in Georgetown but with more a punk feel with cut-off shorts (short and cute, not like the ones Tobias wears in Arrested Development) with sheer black hose and a loose T-shirt.

I think I'll be shooting for look number 1 but I think the most important tip is to keep the rest of the outfit the same as the material of the shorts. So if they are wool, do boots and a sweater but if they are more of a summer material then do breezier materials.

You can also take a pair of vintage trousers and hem them into shorts for all your DIYers. Like this girl did, notice the higher waistline.

No comments:

Post a Comment