Friday, March 12, 2010

Look Book!

Want to define a signature style but have no clue where to start?

For me, I looked to my favorite magazines and ripped out my favorite pages to create a Look Book. I put them in a binder but they don't have to be an actual book, lots of fashionistas create shared look books online at fashion portals such as http://www.style.com/

Look Books give you an idea of what to shop, where to shop and how to style.

And they are true to you! I have pages from years ago but I still fall in love with the styles.

Here I pulled 6 of my favorite pages from my look book to prep for spring style.




From Top, left to right
I love busting out skirts and baring some leg when the weather starts warming up (not today though, it's rainy and depressing today in D.C.) Bright colors, full volumes and even matching prints makes it even more fun and feminine.


Next, I am always inspired by the simplicity of this Chanel look. The straw hat gives it a fresh young look and luckily cuban hats are everywhere this year.


A detailed look of  different take on the one shoulder look. I keep my favorite looks from my look book in the back of my mind when I go shopping or even better yet, you can take them with you as a guide!

On the right of the top row is a glam Michael Kors dress and matching fur coat. I wouldn't do the fur in the summer! but I'll be wearing bright bright colors like hot pink not only at night but in the day!


Spiegel Signature Sateen Safari Dress in Pink Raspberry, $69

Keira Knightly is rocking polka dots and aviators on the bottom left. Usually I shy away from polka dots but done in a sexy pinup 50's way they actually look pretty cute.

Target Merona Polka Dot Dress, $39.99
The T-Strap Heel gives it a more vintage feel!

In the middle is one of my favorite all-time prints, leopard. But it doesn't have to just be leopard, animal prints are big right now and can be done in big ways! You can add a leopard print in a heel or flat to spice up a basic dress or do a whole shift in leopard or snakeskin! I also love it in a bag such as a (fake) embossed alligator tote.
Macy's, INC "Princy" Pump, $49.99


Christian Siriano for Payless Downtown Zip Sandal for $24.99

On the bottom right is the lingerie as regular wear trend. And I like the being unabashedly feminine confidence of pairing it with soft hair and makeup. You don't have to bust out your Victoria's Secret but look for delicate materials like chiffon and intricate details such as ruffles and thin pretty straps.



No comments:

Post a Comment