Monday, March 22, 2010

DIY, Turn Slouchy Boots into Over-the-Knee Boots!

I have a pair of nudish-brown suede boots that would stay over the knee with skinny jeans but would slouch, slouch, slouch with nothing underneath. The super soft suede is perfect for light spring, summer days and yes, they do look cute when slouchy. Slouchy is great when you're going for the bohemian vibe but what if I'm feeling more Brigitte Bardot?! That's when I need them to stay OVER the knee to give me that extra sex appeal when I'm wearing them with shorts or skirts.

Ahhh, so this genius solution just came to be out of nowhere (don't you love it when that happens?!)

I'll add a snap on the top of the boot that will close on the inside and hold the boot up! and when I want them to be slouchy, I can leave them unsnapped.

First I took them to a cobbler but realized it would be a lot cheaper if I did it myself. I headed to my nearest Michael's Crafts Store to pickup a DIY snaps kit for only $8. I measured where I wanted the snaps to go, cut the holes to place the snaps and then hammered them in. In 20 minutes, I was done!


The boots when they're slouchy

And when they are tall, they just don't stay this way

The DIY snaps kit I bought at Michaels for only $8

Measure where you want the snaps to be, I placed mine 1.5 inches in from the back of the knee

Basically follow the instructions on the snaps kit. I cut a small hole where I measured and hammered in the snaps

The finished product

And when I want them to be slouch, just simply unsnap


I'm showing off my craftiness with the Spring Events Fairy at the Eastern Markets

To purchase boots, click here

No comments:

Post a Comment