Friday, January 15, 2010

Your Next Date Outfit

Woohoo a whole 15 days without shopping. Going hard and going strong. That doesn't mean I don't pine over a sexy leather skirt or a beautiful embroidered coat but whenever I walk away I feel super awesome over my new found discipline.

Last friday, my man and I had a hot date over at Hook in Georgetown. Hook's got a modern nautical vibe with a heavy wine list (well any decent restaurant in DC has a phonebook-size wine list.)

Date-wear is tricky. There is a fine line between sexy and trampy, confident and obnoxious and always slightly uncomfortable.

I usually go with one of my LBD's or a drapey BCBG gray jersey dress or a totally ruffled little number. But when in a relationship it always important to change it up.

So I came across what is one of my most versatile pieces in my closet:

The White Shirt Dress



Brook's Brothers Non-Iron Tunic, $98.50, http://www.brooksbrothers.com/


Ahhhh, I know what you are thinking. This is basically a longer version of Tiffany's diehard love for white shirts.

Yes it is, but it can be sexy. the sexiness is in it's simplicity and how it kinda looks like you are wearing one of your man's workshirts. Even if you don't have a man. But believe me, this White Shirt Dress has a 'morning after' look that men just love.

I added a wide belt to cinch in the middle and a pair of Over the Knee Boots, red lips and a red coat.






I would recommend everyone tries Over the Knee Boots. Some are tight are double as tights when worn with skirts others look great over jeans. Don't wear them with too short skirts or shorts or risk looking a pirate. arghhhhhhhhhhh'


Bronx Leather Over the Knee Boot, $169, http://www.victoriassecret.com/



Colin Stuart Over the Knee Stretch Boot, $69, http://www.victoriassecret.com/


1 comment:

  1. Is this in your apartment? I love the wooden floors.

    Can we go all freaky friday on each other and switch bodies for a day? k thanks! Nice date outfit by the way.

    ReplyDelete