Wednesday, January 6, 2010

I'm Digging: Emma from Glee's Fashion Sense

Who here doesn't love Glee?  I went to a small town High School and I wished it was half as messed up as Lima's High.  Heck, I would have settled for not being the only minority. Glee has a whole 5! (Including the Indian Principle.)

But I also love Emma's outfits. They're J. Crew meets 1960's secretary sitting behind a typewriter. It's less Mad Men and more cheesy Betty Crocker ads. None the less, I kinda dig it.







Make sure to do BOLD colors like Turquoise, mustard yellows, Grace Kelly Green and Coral.







A moochromatic look with different shades of this season's 'it' color: Yellow






Add the red skirt from the second post and this time a bow-tie blouse.















In fact, I found More Modern versions of  Emma's outfits at Ann Taylor:

Polka Dot Silk Dress: http://www.anntaylor.com/, $168

Ann Taylor wool beaded Sweater, $39.99 and Tropical wool flounce skirt, $130
Tip* Make sure you get the 3 F's: Flirty, Feminine and Fit. Emma's clothes fit close to her body and suit her petite frame.

But anyone can pull off the Emma look, no matter what your size.

Here are some J.Crew finds to satisfy your inner Emma Pillsbury











I'll be definitely be trying to replicate some of her looks this weekend with what I have in my closet. It'll be perfect since I live out in the suburbs.
Now all you need is some rubber gloves, sanitary hand wipes and a locket of your crush Will.

1 comment:

  1. You write such amazing entries. I love emma from glee, and who wouldn't want to just be thrown up on a desk and have will plow right through you!...i'm getting slightly carried away and turned on.

    after reading your blog i always want to go out shopping. ironic huh?

    ReplyDelete