Thursday, January 21, 2010

If I could Shop I would buy: Military Surplus Jacket

Hooray, it's been 21 days without any shopping! And according to Dr. Maxwell Malt, author of 'Pyscho-Cybernetics' it takes 21 days for a person to form a habit.

Well I'm about to prove him wrong! wrong! wrong! Because it still KILLS me that I can't shop. Almost painful today when I was doing my weekly Target run and they had some of their new spring items out. There were ethnic printed full skirts, festive yellow tops and some Rodarte leftovers. Poop.

However if I could buy 1 item. If I could make 1 exception for myself it would be the Military Surplus Jacket.






For me, they are hippie cool, modern and versatile all at once

And you know it's a trend if Kate Moss is wearing it


Think you can't pull it off? Well you can with these 4 looks!

Office




The military jackets toughens up the romantic cream top and makes typical office attire interesting

Day


Take your favorite flimsy summer dress, add the tough surplus tacket, add wool tights and slouchy boots. Again we're mixing sweet and tough.

Night


Compliment colors by doing a navy sequined stunner (minus the leggings this time,) the military jacket is the perfect cover up that will actually keep you warm, and last but not least, keep it sexy with some chunky stilts.

Weekend Wind-down




Comfortable and easy and fit for almost any weather. Layer your military anorak over a simple white tank and vintage wash skinny jeans. I would slip on my Steve Madden flat boots and finish with some Chunky Jewelry.



For where to buy, go to my New sister Blog

Everything to look fabulous under $200!

No comments:

Post a Comment