Friday, January 1, 2010

Goodbye 2009, Hello 2010!!!



Happy New Year everyone.

Recovering from last night's festivities I was able to lay out my shopping ground rules:

1. From January 1st to December 31st, 2010 there will be no purchases of clothes

2. There will be no purchases of Handbags.

3. There will also be no buying of shoes.

4. Accessories, however, are OKAY



5. Same with Makeup


6. Gifts of clothes or gift cards do not count. So whenever a friends asks what I want for my birthday or whatever this year, I'll probably give them a very exact answer.


7. Emergency purchases will be in the allowed category but they should be the " I need a suit for a once-in-a lifetime interview" kind of purchase.


8. And a Halloween costume because I should be allowed to be frivilous once a year ;-)


However, according to TIME, my goal of giving up shopping doesn't seem plausible. The #1 tip from Maia Szalavitz's article "How to Keep Your New Year's Resolution: Advice from the Experts" was Don't Kid Yourself.

ummmmm.Great. Which I don't know if I am, which I might be because whenver I mentioned my goal to a friend or my mom, I could tell they weren't Botox fans by how far up their eyebrows went.

#2 was Quit Cold Turkey Temporarily. 1 year could be considered temporarily and I didn't necessarily go Cold Turkey (check the last post when I raided my local Target.)

In the meantime, I've been able to raid my closet for lost treasures. I have clothes and shoes dating back to Middle School. Some where "wow, I remember when mini-backpacks were the rage and why?" but others were very pleasant finds.


A red silk Jacket I found in my closet. Must of had for at least 10 years.



Cowboy shirt that completely fits unto the current lumberjack/plaid trend

Yesterday was really my last chance to shop but instead I flew to Pittsburgh to spend the New Year's with my parents. We celebrated in style at home with a few friends and family. First came 10 courses of home cooked food, then drinks then mahjong. At the party, was future fashionista wonder Little Hannah.






















ahhhh, 5 years old and already mixing prints. According to her big cousin Amy, Hannah loves fashion and received a Project Runway coloring book. How adorable. Hannah quite adores my cat Prince. However, Prince doesn't seem too ammused.

Amy and I on the other hand look like a lesbian couple with Hannah in the middle. She's my best friend since we were 6. seriously

And Yes, I wore Rodarte. Paired it with some red lips and I cut the stitches that held the bows at shoulders down to the dress. You can see that in this pic, because one of the bows is flopped over:


Added a little red bow that came with the Bailey's Bottle to my hair

Amy and My relationship can basically be summed up by the following SNL video:



No comments:

Post a Comment