Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Add Mileage to your Closet with Tights


Have a bunch of summer dresses lying around in your closet? Not to be seen for another 5 months?

Although the winter months can be dreary your style doesn't have to look like your always going to a funeral.

My shopping hiatus has made me pay attention to the details besides the clothes, like tights.

I usually stick to my black wool tights from the GAP but in a recent shopping trip to, you guess it, Target I've discovered so many more possibilities. The colors! The textures! The Patterns!

Here's how to add some extra mileage to that closet of yours:

Day
Try Fishnets, really!

Take that pretty floral summer dress I was talking about and give it an edgy feel with some fishnet-esque tights. Keep it All-American by adding a classic Jean Jacket.

I love a more vintage floral dress for that 'Naughty Housewife' feel


+
I love my class Gap Jean Jacket, it's well worn in and a staple in any casual wardobe.

Black pumps or black booties (when it's cold outside) tone down the fishnets and then some vintage simple jewelry makes you the center of attention.


Fishnets too much, lace works too.


The lace adds to the feminity of this "Sunday Best" floral number



I would top it off with a leather bomber jacket :-D

Night
Do Color

Be playful, be young, be curious by adding a bold-colored tight to a sheer cocktail dress such as this Nude Rodarte piece



            +



Work
Sheer with shorts

One of my favorite ads is this Tod's look


It's so darling, who doesn't want to look like this?

Replicate this look with a pair of Wool walking shorts (substitute a pencil skirt if you have none,) layer a pair of sheer black tights underneath, add a button-down and cashmere cardigan. And don't forget, the Heels are a must. I do think the accessories make the outfit like that brightly colored bad, gloves and hat.

In fact I just found a mens style fedora in my closet while I was cleaning it out.




Sheer Black Tights are classy yet sexy. Layer then under any work outfit when the gams are getting chilly so stock up.

Of course I wouldn't recommend an outfit without trying it myself







No comments:

Post a Comment