Saturday, January 2, 2010

Fashion Equation, The White Shirt


Ode the to Brooks Brothers' White Button-up.

It can complete almost any Fashion equation. Pieces in your wardrobe that you could not dream matching each other, come together beautifully with the help of the classic White Button-up. It's one of my favorite All-Time basics (as you can guess from my profile pic.) In fact, I would put the Brooks Brother's White Button-up in the Fashion Hall of Fame. I go for the Miracle shirt, fitted, size 2 for women. I don't do the petite size because I enjoy it's boxiness and the Miracle Shirt moves with you so you don't get those weird horizontal creases from sitting in it all day.

Take for example this Boyfriend Blazer from Urban Outfitters. And this Jersey knit Red Red pencil skirt. Both Bold pieces in their own way but add the Brooks Brothers and voila' a fresh, fun ensemble.






+









=

The White Button Down classes up the fiery red tight skirt and adds charm to the boyish blazer.

Just Add black pumps and a chunky charm bracelet.

Here's another way a BB's white shirt can pull an outfit together, this time for evening.

Take one Ralph Lauren Navy Silk Skirt (found this at a vintage store,) add a Lux yet Hippie fur coat and have the White Button-Down finish your Classy evening look:


+ 











=&



Add a punch of color with some uber-feminine pink Heels to complete your "Rich Bitch Look"

The coat was a precious hand-me-down from my Mom this Christmas. It was bartered from an artist friend for one my Dad's paintings back in 1978. It's been sitting in the abyss of my Mom's closet since then.

What I love is the lining.
It's so 70's, so hippie yet the coat is so soft and the lining just enahances the coat's beauty. Hand me downs are sentimental and if you are done shopping your closet, I encourage to shop other's closets (with their permission or course.) It can be your roommates, for clothes she doesn't care for, or your mother's ( a hot spot for amazing vintage), your grandma's or any stylish relative whose outfits you admire. Just make sure you are generous, offer a piece of clothing from your wardrobe back.

The pink open-toe shoes were one of my first high-heel purchases back in high school. I thought they were so 'Sex in the City.' It was my innocent impression of being a big-city fashionista. They killed the first time I tried wearing them so they've been sitting in it's box in my closet ever since. Now I practically live in heels and are ready to give them another chance. 8 Years later and they are still cute :-D

Day 2 and doing well so far.

P.S. By the way, tights and leggings and under garments and socks don't count. Sheesh, I still need to be appropriate. A spat I got into with my brother today.

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely love "The Rich Bitch Look". Your mom has some awesome clothes stashed away in that closet of hers! That coat is divine!

    ReplyDelete