Friday, February 26, 2010

Spring Beauty Trends Worth a Try?

So since I'm no shopping I need to find new ways to freshen up my look.

The easiest way before was to buy the top 5 trends for spring such as buying a purple shift dress, an ethinic bag, gladiator sandals etc...

One benefit of NOT buying more clothes is that I've become more open and creative in the beauty department. I used to stick with the same reliable routine with only adding a smokey eye when going out (in predicatble silvery gray too.)

This year I'm actually thinking of giving this year's biggest beauty trends a whirl:

1. Braids-the braided ponytail you were sporting back in 2nd grade on the soccer field is back and big. My hair is long enough to actually braid it so maybe I'll give this a try on the weekend. For more a mature way of wearing this, check out glamour.com's article 15 Grownup ways to wear the Braid


2. Pastel eyeshadows- done in unexpected ways like a smokey eye. I typically don't look good in pastels, I'm a jewel-toned girl. (Hint* If you  are olive toned or tanned you'll look good in pastels, paler girls should stick with jewel-tones.) But I have boatloads of eye shadows and lipglossess so it can't hurt to experiment.



3. Red, Nude nails. Lucky for me I've been practicing this trend for years. Since I don't go to the salon every week to touch up my nails, nude has always been the easiest color for me to maintain. In fact I have nude nails on now. And they match everything! I've also been doing red for special occasions, red is classy and sexy. Can't go wrong with Red. I just saw Essie bottles of nude and red at Jcrew therefore confirming this trend.

4. Chanel Rouge Lipsticks-part lipstick and part lipgloss, these are easier to put on than your usual lipstick and but won't stick to everything (like your hair) like lipgloss. Only $30 a pop, totally heading to my local Macy's to pick one up (only one?!!)



What I will be focusing more on this Spring is practicing good Beauty and Makeup habits. Who doesn't like to be high maintenanced once in a while?! Like that Mabelline jingle "Maybe she's worth it."

No comments:

Post a Comment