Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Do Boyfriends dig the Boyfriend Look?

I did the boyfriend look when I had no boyfriend. Back in college, I couldn't feel any cooler, any hipper than when I was doing, what I called, my tomboy look. It was my rebellion against the prim, preppy dresscode enforced in my Mid-Atlantic small town.

It embodied my independant, intellectual persona yet made me feel feminine in a distinctive way. That maybe by not highlighting the obvious fact that I'm a girl, it beautifully contrasted with my naturaly girly features. There.

Yes, sometimes I got teased but that's what you get for being different. I'm talking about a strong leather riding boot with tucked in skinny jeans, a loose button down layered under a cashmere sweater, a school boy blazer, knit scarf, fedora and ethnic jewelry.

But look how cute J.Crew makes it look:

I love the Tie!!!

It's inspired me to bring my collegiate look back. It might shock my boyfriend a little since now I'm known for dressing very feminine (let's count how many dresses I own seriously)

And a nostalgic look into my closet:


Yes! It's a Princess Diane Tshirt I got form a vintage Minnesota store. Add a wild mane of black hair and a pair of bose headphones.

Sigh good times.



Clemence Posey and I have identical outfits, seriously

1 comment:

  1. This may sound mean:

    I only like the "boyfriend" look with girls who have feminine, young, and/or cute features.

    If they already look like a guy then throw on a tie, button up, and chunky sketchers...i just get confused.

    ReplyDelete