Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Accidental Outfit

Ever had one of those moments? when you are in a rush or you don't like anything in your closet or didn't pack appropriately?

So, after breaking down and going shopping this first time this year, my wardrobe dilemma was still not over.

I still didn't have enough 'Professional' clothes to make it to the end of the week. Men, and nothing against men, can wear the same shirt twice in a week and nobody would notice. Honestly, white button down with black slacks, watch, loafers everyday would cause a stir with anyone. Once in a while, add a different colored blazer and you are pretty much set for the whole year...

So not fair.

So yesterday, at 6:15 am Mountain Time I was staring at my overstuffed suitcase searching for an outfit.

6:15 turns to 6:22 and I'm pulling dirty tops and the same jeans I've been wearing for two weeks, there's a breezy beautiful red dress with peeptoe heels...except it's 23 degrees outside, okay, NO.

So at 6:35, and I have to be at the office at 7:30 and grab breakfast, I grab a basic white tee and a basic black pencil skirt.

'No way is this going to work, the tshirt is too casual the skirt is too severe'

I throw it on and take a look in the mirror. I make adjustment. Tuck the tshirt, add a belt? nah, tilting that delicate balance between casual and dressy into neither (possible in the fashion world, it's called 'I don't know what I am doing') so I add the Forever 21 military booties I bought on Michigan Ave. the week before hoping my only shoes in commission would work.

And it did. Hallelujah. Age appropriate, office appropriate with a dash of personality.

Which always comes to remind me, my best outfits are accidents.

Weave peeptoe bootie-slingback-platform? I love a schizo shoe, it can be whatever you want them to be, @ forever 21

No comments:

Post a Comment