Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Some Really Really Good Advice

DON'T BUY LUXURIES UNLESS YOU HAVE THE CASH

Don't take out a bigger loan to buy that BMW (when a Honda will just do)

Don't buy those Jimmy Choos with your credit card

Don't take out money from your retirement to go on vacation (bad! bad! bad!)

It's simple but good advice a good rule.We covet, fantasize and ogle over those luxe goods but the one thing, the one thing to remember is:
Luxuries are special because they are rare. When you make splurging a habit, luxuries start losing their glimmer.

Keep them to a minimum.
My trick is to pair classics with one luxe accessory that is my trademark. Like my vintage Gucci watch. I take good care of it and wear it with everything. You only need one. My theory is if you overkill the labels in one outfit, they start cancelling each other out.



-Tiff

No comments:

Post a Comment