Friday, July 23, 2010

Clothing Diet?

Have you read this in the NY Times?

Shoppers on a 'Diet' tame their urge to buy

Some do it for the challenge, some do it to save money, some just don't want to think about what to wear in the morning anymore.

6 items for a whole month seem a little extreme to me. I could probably do it with 20? 30?

Although I've realized that's what I practically do every week. I fit a week's worth of clothes in a carry-on. I consider myself a professional packer now.

Here's a  list of what I would typically pack for a 5 day business casual trip:

1. White Brooks Brother's button-up
2. Black silk pleated skirt
3. Red gap cardigan
4. Khaki pencil skirt
5. Floral silk top with flutter sleeve
6. Black flats
7. Black pumps
8. Long Tous pearl necklace
9. Pair of gold earrings
10. Thick black belt

For me, the simpler the better based and on everyday classics. I like to keep my style clean but feminine. And comfort is a must! Running through the airport in painful heels is hell. duh.

The first day I would probably wear the BB's button up with the pleated skirt and Tous necklace and flats. Add the red cardigan buttoned up belted at the waist without the necklace but with heels and the earrings and you have another look.

I manage to change it up every week with different dresses/pieces/colors/accessories/outerwear.

But some of the guys got this 6 pieces a month down to a science. They leave 3 shirts and 3 pairs of pants at the dry cleaners Friday to have them cleaned over the weekend and when they fly back on Monday, they just pick them up on the way to the office.

No comments:

Post a Comment