Tuesday, December 29, 2009

A Year Without Shopping-Is That Possible?!!

I love fashion. I admit it.

And I like to express my love through shopping.

I'm not a shopaholic, no...although I can find a 'Find' almost anywhere

But lately I've been feeling ridiculous....maybe it's the recession or maybe it's because I have pieces that I don't even remember buying...

And I just feel so damn guilty for not appreciating my clothes to their FULLEST potential.

So I thought to myself, as a New Year's Resolution for 2010

I WON'T SHOP FOR A WHOLE YEAR!

Instead, I'll shop my own closet, my wardrobe. As women, we are always trying to build the 'perfect' wardrobe. That black dress, those perfect trousers that make you look 9 feet tall, the sexy party stilettos...and before you know it, you have a closet just for shoes and purses, trends from 3 years ago and piles of accessories. We basically want our closet to resemble Carrie Bradshaw's from SATC, with Dior boxes peeking from the top of our shelves, but that's a Fantasy.
The reality is we all live on a limited budget with a set life style and by learning how to fully utilize the pieces in our wardrobe we can all look a lot more fabulous AND save a whole lot of Moola.

Stay tune, I'll post the rules next ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment